Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to use the contractor my insurance company suggests? No. You are free to hire any company you choose.


My basement is flooded. What do I do first? Call us.  248-324-2166 Our Licensed Master Plumber will take care of all your plumbing needs and get you ready for our WRT Crew to come and Dryout your basement protect your belongings and document  your claim for you.


What will my insurance company pay for? Each policy is different. Because we specialize in restoration projects we can provide you with a complete estimate detailing all the damages to your property. The estimate will  assist you in getting the most generous settlement from insurance company.


Are you insured? Yes we are. Simcor can provide you with the necessary documents upon request.


How long have you been in business? We’ve offered construction services in Southeast Michigan since 1978.


What do we do with our personal belhat havongings te been damaged? Any personal belongings that have been damaged can be inventoried. A complete list can be provided to you and your insurance company. Based on your policy, items that need to be taken off-site, can be stored, if needed, cleaned and repaired. These items will be returned when your project is complete.


Do I have to pay my deductible? Yes.The deductible is your responsibility.


If we need to move out of the house, what is covered? Your adjustor will review the specifics of your policy and advise you accordingly.


My wood floors are damaged. Can they be repaired? Every case is different. We’ll inspect your floors to see if they can be repaired if they cannot be repaired, we can replace them.


Will you be able to get rid of that smoke smell from our fire? Absolutely. Our certified techs are trained in order control and fire restoration.


Do I have to use the construction company my adjuster recommends? No. You are free to hire the company you want to accuratly document your loss for you.


Do I have to accept the amount that my insurance company tells me they’ll pay? No. Because it may not refect all the damamge to your house, your contents,carpet , etc.


If I’ve just had a fire in my house, who should I call and in what order? The first call goes to the fire department. After that, call Simcor. We’ll come out and secure your property by  boarding up the windows and doors. We’ll do a walk-through and start the documentation process. We are a full service restoration company able to handle all of your plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling and construction needs.


What are your hours? We’re here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us  248-324-2166